Protecting Your Tomorrow
Fort Collins Sexual Assault Attorney
Agressively Defending Against Sexual Assault Charges in Colorado
Allegations of unlawful sexual conduct against another are some of the most serious charges an individual can face. At Rachel A. Michael, LLC, our criminal defense attorneys have handled hundreds of cases for individuals accused of such crimes. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Have you been accused of unlawful sexual conduct? Call Rachel A. Michael, LLC, today at (970) 616-6668 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our sexual assault lawyer in Fort Collins.
Types of Sex Crimes in Colorado
Colorado Law provides various situations in which an individual may be charges with a crime involving an underlying sexual basis. Such situations include but are not limited to:
- Unlawful Sexual Contact
- Sex Assault on a Child
- Sex Assault-Victim Incapable of Apprising Their Actions
- Possession/Distribution of Child Pornography
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
What are the Penalties For Sex Crimes in Colorado?
Sex crimes in Colorado often require some of the harshest penalties under state law, which may include:
- Sex Offender Registration
- Sex Offender Probation
- Sexually Violent Predator Designation
- Indeterminate Sentencing
- Prohibitions against contact with minor family members
- Prohibition against internet use
- Restrictions on housing
- Limitations on pro-social activities
- Invasive monitoring and oversight by the Sex Offender Probation Department
- Possible jail or prison sentence
Utilizing Experts To Help Fight Your Charges
At Rachel A. Michael, LLC, we utilize a stable of experts to ensure your case is handled in all ways; always. Our Criminal Defense Team will consider, and may recommend, the use of the following experts to assist with the defense of your case:
- Pre-Plea Sex Evaluation with SOMB Provider
- Offense-Specific Treatment with SOMB Provider
- Deployment of defense investigator to collect evidence and interview witnesses
- Polygraph technician
- Medical experts to review and retort:
- DNA Analysis
- Sane Examination
- Alleged Victim Medical/Mental/Emotional Health Concerns
- Crime Scene Investigators
- Reconstruction of scene of alleged crime
Contact Rachel A. Michael, LLC today, to protect your tomorrow with our Fort Collins sexual assault attorney.
“Thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me. I am so grateful.” - M.B.
“Rachel helped me feel safe, not judged, and truly invested her personal time and energy into making sure that he was protected.” - M.M.
“You've given me a second chance, something I didn't think I would get when all of this started.” - D.O.